Skip to main content

The Menopause fairy

 





As I gracefully tiptoed into the realm of fifty, little did I know that my body is planning a rebellion of its own. Everything seems to embrace a southwardly direction, both figuratively and theoretically. Leading this insurrection is my bladder, which has decided to gain a newfound existence and treat me to relentless "emptying" signals at any given moment. The 'wee alarm' has now become an uninvited soundtrack to my nights, ensuring  uninterrupted sleep to become a distant memory.


Not content with the standard 'wee alarm,' my bladder has now introduced me to the exclusive club of "Painful Bladder Syndrome." Just when my mind is geared up for some enjoyment, a sharp shooting pain in the tummy crashes the party, as if my bladder has a personal vendetta against my chillax mindset.


Enter perimenopause, the chaotic conductor of emotions, delayed reaction times, and the unexpected arrival of pesky little beards and moustaches. These rebellious hair, determine to steal the spotlight during lip color application, and have forced me into a newfound awareness of LASER guns, threading, plucking, and waxing. The once oblivious face now welcomes these treatments with reluctant open arms.


The bizarre additions continue with creaking joints, wobbly feet, and the ominous presence of osteoporosis. I wonder about the disappearance of calcium, obtained diligently from palak, paneer, milk, and nuts. Is there a ' bone traffic police 'preventing its entry? Only the divine knows..


In a valiant attempt to combat the impending doom of painful bones, I ventured into the realm of weights and stretching at the gym. Enthusiasm soared in the initial days, only to crash with a twisted knee and a body that protested vehemently, leaving me to question the wisdom of my pursuit of health.


And then, in the middle of an 8-degree room, hot flashes decide to make an uninvited appearance. I have always desired for a smoking hot body but not in this way!

Amidst this chaos, I can't help but suspect the existence of a mischievous menopause fairy lurking in my room. She is playing the grand thief, snatching away my figure, sleep, mood, patience, eyesight, and finally, my brain. Left in her wake are a lousy moustache, a muffin top, hot flashes, itchy skin, a myriad of moods, a dodgy memory, and an insatiable need for naps, coffee, wine, and carbs.

So, dear friends, if you encounter a grumpy me, fear not, for I am out waltzing with the menopause fairies! Ciao.....

28/12/2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first.....

  Ah, that first kiss... The surge of electricity that dances through your veins is like a lightning bolt from Cupid himself, leaving you breathless and dizzy with anticipation. But alas, after that initial spark, reality sets in like a cruel hangover after a night of too much wine. The subsequent glasses of life are like a relentless assault on our poor livers, leaving us longing for the intoxicating euphoria of that first sip. Oh, to have every day be as blissful as that first glass of chardonnay, where worries dissolve and joy bubbles up like the effervescence in a fine champagne! And what about those first drops of monsoon? The air thick with the promise of renewal, the earth eagerly awaiting its quenching embrace. But alas, it's fleeting, like trying to hold onto water in your hands. The magic of those initial raindrops fades as quickly as it arrives, leaving us yearning for that fleeting moment of pure olfactory ecstasy. And then there's that unforgettable first walk hand

Furry Fun

  So, picture this: we were all geared up for a rockin' Saturday night out, ready to chow down on some grub and catch up with Akshaj, who we hadn't seen in ages. But oh boy, did fate have a twisted sense of humour. Akshaj's train got stuck at Brookmans Park station because of some random incident. No biggie, we thought, we'll just meet him at Hatfield instead. But then, the train decided to play a game of "let's see how long we can keep everyone waiting" for an extra 30 minutes! We were like, "Enough is enough!" and hatched a plan to rescue Akshaj from Brookmans Park. But as soon as he stepped off the train, it suddenly zoomed off without him! Talk about bad timing! We rushed to the station, only to find the road blocked by the police. Seriously, could this night get any crazier? But thanks to Gargi's common sense , she managed to break through the barricade and track down Akshaj at a nearby pub, where his phone decided to call it quits. Afte

The gooey green ....

  I've only been back a week, and I'm already on a first-name basis with Beechams( cough cold syrup/ potion). The local air is like a ninja, sneaking up on unsuspecting noses. Maybe it's the cleaner air's way of saying, "Welcome back! Let me gift you a cold." This cold has me reminiscing about my glorious KEM days, where battling bacterial sinusitis was as routine as morning coffee. Ah, the good ol' antral puncture under local anesthesia – a delightful procedure where we'd tap into the 'cheek' sinuses like seasoned plumbers fixing a leak. Picture the satisfaction as gooey, green stuff flowed out, a sight more gratifying than a waterfall. It was a dance of relief between patient and doctor. Today, suggesting such a procedure would raise eyebrows – barbaric, they'd say! But is it really, or have we just upgraded from medieval decongestants to antibiotic superheroes? In this saga of battling colds and contemplating sinus rituals, one thing rem